The annual business meeting will be held tomorrow, November 15th, 1900 at the Newport Yacht Club. There will be light snacks and a no-host bar available. Last year’s minutes are here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/12-2-15-ABM-v2.pdf and the agenda for the business meeting is here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2016_TwentyHundredClub_Annual_Meeting_Agenda.pdf The club remains healthy and active because of our all-volunteer efforts and your attendance and participation contributes to that — hope you can make it!
The Twenty Hundred Club will hold its 2019 annual business meeting at IYRS, 449 Thames Street, Newport on Tuesday 5 November at 7pm. Pizza and refreshments will be served. Attendees are kindly requested to RSVP by clicking the following link firstname.lastname@example.org to open a pre-formatted message with your email reply. Your participation is a great help to the board and to the quality of our racing and social program — hope to see you there!
We can use their parking lot (we will have passes to give out) and the meeting will be held in the John Mecray Aquidneck Mill Building on the fourth floor in the Edward W. Kane and James Gubelmann IYRS Maritime Library. We thought this would be a perfect location for such a historic sailing club since this is the only library of its kind in Rhode Island, its collection includes marine-related books, periodicals, historic yachting trophies, nautical artwork, and other artifacts related to Newport’s and New England’s maritime heritage. More information about the IYRS campus can be found here: https://www.iyrs.edu/about/
The 2019 Season is summarized with the following results links:
- Membership & Race Entry done online via the Shop (no change)
- Scratch Sheet automatically populated online using Shop orders (introduced in 2018)
- Automatic personalized email reminder sent 7 days before a race. The email contains a link directing the Skipper to a page where
- Race participation is confirmed, or withdraw from race
- Option to change Class (Spinnaker/Cruising)
- Option to update PHRF value
- Scratch sheet set to final the day before the race , locking it from further changes
- New scoring system built into website publishes finish results in near real time through the use of a phone on the finish boat – final results will be posted shortly after the committee boat docks and finish times are verified
- Race Results include additional columns for time behind the previous boat finishing and time behind the first boat finished. An option is provided to display results without the Twenty Hundred Club penalty.
The new system should improve scratch sheet accuracy and provide race results in a more timely manner. The 2018 Block Island race results are scored using the new system and may be viewed at this link.
We’ve prepared an update to our race summary document. This PDF is suitable to forward around to fellow racers and friends who might be considering joining the club and our racing program. We really do offer a wonderfully unique and interesting season of races and a quick read will reaffirm that! Thanks for your continuing support.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/agenda-and-previous-minutes-for-the-2016-annual-business-meeting/
Oct 25 2016
Not too late to make an attempt! Latest results here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2016-Around-Aquidneck-Island-Challenge_Results_asof_102416.pdf
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/second-around-aquidneck-challenge-run-completed-last-sunday/
Oct 06 2016
Had our first run of the AAC for 2016. Commodore Morash and Tamanoa racing spinnaker. Results (and a cumulative history of times) can be found on the race page.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/had-our-first-around-aquidneck-challenge-run/
Sep 24 2016
Results for the Fall Race are here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fall_Race_2016_Combined_Results.pdf
A thank you again to RIYC for providing RC and team for today’s event!
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/2016-fall-race-results-posted/
Sep 23 2016
The 2016 Fall Race final scratch sheet is now posted in the Race page and may be directly accessed here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fall_Race_Final_Scratch_2016_asof0923.pdf
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/fall-race-final-scratch-sheet-posted-2/
Sep 20 2016
The 2016 Fall Race Around Prudence scratch sheet and penalties are now posted. The scratch sheet can be found here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fall_Race_Prelim_Scratch_2016.pdf
Please note this sheet is preliminary; a final will be posted Friday September 23rd.
A complete listing of penalties may be found here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/race-page/penalties/
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/fall-race-preliminary-scratch-sheet-and-penalties-posted/
Aug 30 2016
2016 Prince Henry results are now posted here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/PH-2016-Final-For-Release_rev31Aug.pdf
Please note this is slightly amended from results published Tuesday, August 30th to correct an error with the application of the handicap penalty to one competitor.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/prince-henry-results-posted/
Aug 26 2016
The PH scratch sheet is posted and available here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/PH_Scratch_2016_vDistro.pdf
The race penalties have been computed and may be viewed here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/race-page/penalties/
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/2016-prince-henry-scratch-sheet-and-penalties-posted/
Aug 24 2016
A revised Prince Henry SI is now posted on the race page, and may be accessed directly here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Prince_Henry_SI-2016_distro_v2.pdf
– Mark N description changed from ‘G”11” Fl 2.5 Sec Bell, The Dumplings to ‘G”11” QC Bell, The Dumplings. This is the same mark but with a revised name.
– Mark Y description was changed from ‘C1” north of Despair to ‘G”1” Fl G 4s (was previously “C1” prior to 2013) north of Despair Island. This is the same mark but with a revised name.
– In Section 9 there was a name change from C”1” to “G1” for north of Despair Island
– Length of segment Y-Z was changed from 5.8 to 4.8
The new version includes a revision date in the footer of August 23rd.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/revised-prince-henry-si-is-posted/
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/2016-block-island-race-results-now-posted/