AAR results are now posted and available here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Around_Aquidneck_Island_2018_Results.pdf
- Membership & Race Entry done online via the Shop (no change)
- Scratch Sheet automatically populated online using Shop orders (introduced in 2018)
- Automatic personalized email reminder sent 7 days before a race. The email contains a link directing the Skipper to a page where
- Race participation is confirmed, or withdraw from race
- Option to change Class (Spinnaker/Cruising)
- Option to update PHRF value
- Scratch sheet set to final the day before the race , locking it from further changes
- New scoring system built into website publishes finish results in near real time through the use of a phone on the finish boat – final results will be posted shortly after the committee boat docks and finish times are verified
- Race Results include additional columns for time behind the previous boat finishing and time behind the first boat finished. An option is provided to display results without the Twenty Hundred Club penalty.
The new system should improve scratch sheet accuracy and provide race results in a more timely manner. The 2018 Block Island race results are scored using the new system and may be viewed at this link.
Results from the 2018 Fall Race Around Prudence Island have been posted at this link. The winds were significantly greater than predicted, providing for some spectacular round ups and wet crew on the rail. Congratulations to the following winners in each class:
- Spinnaker A: Vin McAteer – Divided Sky
- Spinnaker B: Moose McClintock – Two Dogs
- Cruising 1: Craig Forbes – Haraka
- Cruising 2: Randy Church – Mental Floss
That was the last scheduled race for 2018 but you still have chance to compete anytime in the Around Aquidneck Island Challenge. Register for it at this link and race either Spinnaker, Cruising, or both as many times as you like.
Results from the Prince Henry the Navigator race have been posted at this link. Congratulations to Moose McClintock in Two Dogs for winning the Spinnaker class and Dick Waterman in Allegro Vivace for winning the Cruising class.
Block Island results are now posted – Block Island Race Results. A challenging race out to Block Island with many having a “wet and wild” ride as the storms blew through. Thanks to Rear Commodore Lisa Hammond the BBQ by the Oar was a great success. The weather cooperated nicely for the race back from BI.
Jul 01 2018
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/2018-aar-results-are-now-posted/
Jun 29 2018
ALL RACERS: Please note that amendment #1 to the Around Aquidneck SI has been posted. This amendment updates the finish line. It is available here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Around_Aquidneck_Island_SI_2018_w_Amendment1.pdf
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/amendment-1-posted-for-around-aquidneck/
Jun 26 2018
We are just a few days away from our first race for the 2018 season! The NOR and SI are also available for download here: http://twentyhundredclub.org/
- Are you in the correct class, or do you want to shift between Spinnaker & Cruising Class?
- Is your PHRF value correct?
- Did something come up and you are no longer racing that event?
Entrants should review and send corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitors are requested to check in at the RC before their start Saturday. This was not explicitly mentioned in the SI, although the RC will be flying Lima.
A big thank you to Quantum Sails for their continued support of our racing (and post racing!). I hope to see everyone at Tiverton Yacht Club following racing on Saturday.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/spring-race-to-kick-off-2018-season/
Oct 27 2017
We had a new non-spin record for the AAC on Friday October 27th: Bill Kneller and the Vento crew got around in 4:20 corrected, setting a new all-time fastest non-spin rounding. Full results at this link.
Also, the agenda for Wednesday’s Annual Business Meeting is now posted posted at this link. Please recall it will be held at the Newport Yacht Club beginning at 1900. I encourage your attendance.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/new-non-spin-aac-record-todayannual-business-meeting-agenda-posted/
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/two-more-aac-attempts-yesterday-october-20th/
Oct 16 2017
Today, Gregg, Marcus and the Tamanoa team went around the island and set a solid corrected time of 3:43:41, enough to assume the mantle of “Fastest Rounding” so far this Fall. Seems likely there will be more before the end of the year. Please note that Gregg reports that the waterway under the Sakonnet bridge is still open, but closure looks to be scheduled for October 23rd. This could change according to the demolition schedule. Check with competent authority like DEM, the Tiverton Harbor Master or RIDOT if it might impact your AAC plans. Full results are at this link.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/we-have-our-second-aac-rounding/
Oct 06 2017
Yesterday, Thursday October 5th, Brooke Mastrorio and the URSA crew made a run at the challenge for 2017 — our first of the season. Great job guys. Please note that removal of the old Sakonnet bridge will potentially impact transits through that area Monday through Saturdays for a part of October and November. Do check that against your planned circumnavigation. Updated results are at this link.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/we-have-our-first-around-aquidneck-challenge-result-for-2017/
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/fall-race-results-posted-2/
Sep 23 2017
Fall Race competitors: Please note today’s start is delayed two hours. The first warning will occur at 1200.
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/important-notice-todays-start-is-postponed-two-hours/
Permanent link to this article: http://twentyhundredclub.org/fall-race-final-scratch-sheet-now-posted/